Saturday, August 22, 2009

Welcome Rachel Bethany !


Hello lovely friends and family. Sorry to take so long to announce our Princess. We welcomed Rachel Bethany into our hearts and family on Friday at 11.06am. We ended up going in on the Thursday night for an induction but nothing happened during the night, so in the morning my waters were broken and another two hours went by with still nothing. So with the threat of the syntocin drip I headed out to the stair well. Before long I was in the middle of 2 minutely contractions with which I waddled ever so slowly back to birth suite where I anticipated all sorts of interference. Thankfully they could tell I was in proper regular labour, so they left me to it. I hopped straight into the shower and stayed there till she slid out. From beginning to end of labour was 1 hour and 22 minutes. So it was intense and effective and ever so unfomfortable lol. But out she came all 7lb 9ozs of her. She is just delicious. She seems so very tiny and fragile and my other three kiddies seem so much bigger than they did only a few days ago. My husband has been such a blessing and has been getting in there holding the fort while I recover and spend time with our little one. He was fabulous during labour and came in the shower with me fully dressed mind you, and rubbed my back during each contraction and sprayed the warm water where it hurt most. It was very comforting knowing he was with me and I felt like it was a team effort this time. Treasured memories for sure. Ok well, so pleased to have the labour and birth behind us now as we look forward to our future with our ever growing family. Blessings to you all as you embrace what each days brings to your families. Much love to you all. ox Ali

20 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

I was just telling Mum about you yesterday and wondering if Rachel was here yet! Congratulations Ali and Matt and kiddies! She is so beautiful, and I am so pleased it all worked out perfectly for you xoxo

our shabby cottage said...

Well done to you and the family Ali! Rachel is precious.

10 Minute Crafter said...

Congratulations Ali and family!! And welcome to the world little Rachel, she is just precious xox

Vicki said...

HI Miss Ali
CONGRATS to you all, and warm wishes of welcome to little Rachel!
she is just too precious what a gift!
glad it all went well for you!
God bless you all
much love from my family to yours
Vicki xxxx

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Ali

CONGRATULATIONS to you and Matt and of course the very proud two brothers and Miss Gracie!!
Rachel is a little darling!!! I think she looks a little like Gracie??... she is absolutely adorable

Sounds like everything's under control

lots of love to you all
I'm absolutely thrilled for you

xo xo xo

Olive Grove Primitives said...

Hello dear Miss Ali, Wow she is just beautiful well done. I was thinking about you over the weekend and wondering how it all went and what you had? I hope you are all well. Love the photo's thanks so much for sharing with us your amazing little girl. I look forward to seeing more photo's. Lisa XoXo

Rebecca Nelson said...

She is just BEAUTIFUL my friend. A true Gift from the Lord!

You are blessed.

xoRebecca

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Ali congratulations on your little angel Rachel's arrival.
Alison

Jessica said...

What an adorable little baby girl! I love the name, as my sister is a Bethany and my cousin is a Rachel. :-)
We are expecting our second baby boy anytime in the next month, so I love reading birth stories like yours. :-)
Your blog is beautiful, by the way!

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

WOW!!! BIG CONGRATS to you all!! What a wonderful feeling!! She is just Gorgeous!! But hey with a mum like you she wouldnt be anything but!!
Thrilled to hear all is well take care and enjoy your new sweetie!! Our new sweetie is nearly 5 months old now!! MY goodness time flies when your having fun!!
HUGS
mandii

Antique Rose Designs said...

Hi Ali congratulations to you and your family she is gorgeous. All the best Carol

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all!
Rachel is certainly a real little sweetie. Just like her big brothers & sister!!!
Glad to hear that all went well.
God bless to you all.

Tulip~Rose Quilt Shoppe said...

Ali
Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful new bub Rachel.
Such a precious addition to your family!
Glad to hear that all is well!
Take care
Glenda xxx

blushing rose said...

What a beautiful gift from God she is. Congratulations ... TTFN ~Marydon

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I love her nanme, and she is a beauty! Congratulations! Hope you get time to rest.

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hi my Sweet Miss Ali what a beautiful baby girl your tiny Rachel is. Cannot get over how tiny she is you do forget just how small they are when first born. So tell me Sweet are your baby bearing days now over or has your Princess made you clucky for more??? Enjoy your time with her while she still has that special baby smell they don't stay that little long enough.
Congrats to you my special friend looking forward to more photos of your bundle of joy.....

Lyn xxx

BALLET NEWS said...

Just wanted to stop by to say how much I enjoyed reading this post & to say hello. You have a great blog and really interesting photo's too. Best wishes and thank you for sharing...

www.angelinascards.com said...

congrats and God bless!
Angelina

Deb said...

Congratulations to you all...
She is just a darling little sweetheart.
Hope all is well.
Take Care.
Deb x

Siobhan said...

Hi Ali,

A big congratulations is in order...what a beautiful little angel she is.

Siobhan :)